Thursday, November 6, 2008

The reasons on why I have dropped accountancy..

Well, most people would have known that most Asians are good with numbers; I agree with that. That is a fact. But its also a fact that can be stereotyped and become a caricature.

Some are good, some are not. And those who are good and very diligent about their skills, more often than not, do well in science and maths, and excel in both fields, let it be in the scientific field, or in business where maths, and advanced maths are of paramount importance.

Thus, while I respect many of my peers in the choices they have made, I do not believe personally that I'm suitable for the same thing: accountancy. Its not in my slightest thought that I would criticise the choices of those who have differ- because all choices are personal, and thus cannot be either right or wrong. To deem otherwise would be viewed rightfully as arrogant, and one should never go there.

I therefore have adopted economics, and entrepreneurship as my university majors for my BA in Economics. I wish all those who are taking accountancy all the best in their endeavours, and I hope they progress swiftly and do not fade when there's difficulties in all of our lives.

No comments: