Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Disappointed at the Melamine scandal and JBJ's death..

As I write this, I'm incredibly disappointed at the lack of professionalism and accountability of the AVA, which has put the lives of many babies in Singapore at risk.

Its incredibly shocking to hear that AVA didn't withdraw the milk powder until a week later, and it put a lot of risk on mothers who may not have known because of many reasons, including being too busy.

And when the AVA shown such negligence, it shows how incompetent and complacent the AVA has become. Let it be for social reasons, or because of ignorance, or just plain "I don't give a damn" attitudes, such negligence should not have happened in the first place.

I call the AVA to be held accountable for their actions, as they have put many children at risk in Singapore by such unprofessional behaviour. If there's no accountability by the authorities on their parts, then its safe to conclude that even the authorities don't even care about the people anymore.

JBJ:

In the shocking days after JBJ's death, I would like to convey my sincere condolences to the family of JBJ in this trying times. They have my entire sympathy and I hope they won't be too angry at this arupt, sudden, and permanent departure.

Its now up to us, the younger generation, to assume the mantle of leadership and to pick up the fight he has started for all of us. Its with his legacy in our minds, we will do so.

Rest In Peace, JBJ.

No comments: